Short Stories, Irish literature, Classics, Modern Fiction, Contemporary Literary Fiction, The Japanese Novel, Post Colonial Asian Fiction, The Legacy of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and quality Historical Novels are Among my Interests








Friday, September 18, 2009

What I Like Best About My Blog-Where I Hope my Blog Will Be In a Year


The management of Book Blogger Appreciation Week   has asked everyone to write a short post for the last day of the week.

Setting Goals!
Write in 50 words or less…what do you like best about your blog right now and where would you like your blog to be a year from now?


What I like best is knowing I am not alone in my love of books.   I have read 1000s of  book blog posts over the last year.   I often see book bloggers  talk about retreating into a world of books.    Many bloggers share their experiences of having been socially awkward, shy bookish children.   Some were supported by their parents in their love for books, some came to The Reading Life in their own ways.   There are as many versions of  The Reading Life as there are readers.

In a year I hope to establish more contacts in the book blogger world (I already have some great ones!), to go further beyond my Euro-centric education by joining in great reading challenges, to increase my technical and design capabilities
but most of all I hope to read a lot of great books in the company of my fellow book bloggers.   

5 comments:

Suko said...

Mel, I'm sure you will have no difficulty reaching your book blogging goals.

Susan said...

It is amazing, isn't it, how blogging about books brings us into contact with others who love them too? I never knew there were so many out there who loved reading! I hoped, but I didn't know.....now I have a better idea, and I am so happy that so many people are reading! And then, as you say, meeting them all.....I'm glad you're enjoying blogging! I'm coming up on my second anniversary, and it's part of my life now. I hope you love your whole first year!!

ds said...

I think your words speak for a lot of people, Mel. I know they do for me. You will definitely reach your goals and beyond.

gautami tripathy said...

Good to know your goals. Reaching out to more bloggers is also what I aspire for. So many good blogs out there and we don't know those.

BBAW: Setting Goals

Patrick said...

Excellent goals there! I believe these are what most book bloggers should aim for.