Short Stories, Irish literature, Classics, Modern Fiction, Contemporary Literary Fiction, The Japanese Novel, Post Colonial Asian Fiction, The Legacy of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and quality Historical Novels are Among my Interests








Sunday, January 8, 2012

First Book Blog Hop for 2012

I have been and on and off participant in Parajunkee's Feature and Follow Blog Hop for some time now.   I have found it to be a great place to discover new to me blogs and meet some great book bloggers.    


I will follow back all who follow me-just leave me a comment-I also return all visits from hoppers.



My blog and my reading focus on  ever evolving genres of literature but for now I am very into South Asian Short Stories, Japanese fiction, classics, Katherine Mansfield, Elizabeth Bowen and Virginia Woolf.   I also read a wide variety of short stories and an occasional carefully selected new work.

My blog is the home of Irish Short Story Week centered around St Patrick's Day as well as Indonesian Short Story Week.   I am open to book blog events.  


Every week Parajunkee asks us to answer a reading or blog related question.  



Q:  How many TBR books do you have ownership of right now?   About a year ago I began to move over to E-Reading and I also tend to trade read books for unread by me ones if I can.  So my number is now about 75.



Mel u

11 comments:

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. Good luck on your goals. I should read more non-manga Asian literature.
My Hop

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Sounds like you've got your plan down pat!

Here's my Friday Hops

Have a GREAT weekend and Happy New Year!

Old Follower :)

Sam (Realm of Fiction) said...

New follower dropping my to say hi. :)

My FF

The Nocturnal Library said...

You have a detailed plan there. Good luck. :)

New follower.

Here's our #FF post

Maja @ The Nocturnal Library

Anonymous said...

That's a great goal! I feel like I want to make my blog friendlier too, but still trying to figure out how to do that lol.

New follower! :)

Nerd Girls at Books to the Sky

Unknown said...

Have a Happy New Year! New follower, please return the favour :)

http://bethebooks.blogspot.com/

Lisa Mandina said...

Wow, a whole post planned on your resolutions! That's the way to see it through! New follower, hope you'll stop by my blog as well: http://misclisa.blogspot.com/2011/12/feature-and-follow-friday-16.html

Kate @ Ex Libris said...

Interesting goals! I'm a new follower :) My FF Post

scribeswindow said...

Hi there, I really like your reading focus. I'm going to look forward to reading more and discovering some new writers. New follower. :)

Nancy said...

Mel, have you read Philippine literature? I would want to know your thoughts about books from my place. I plan to share my thoughts on Philippine short stories on my blog next year.

Anonymous said...

Just hopping through!
I think it's great you concentrate on short stories, there are so many out there that just do full books, you're the first I've come across that does short stories!